TechSpot

Xfire

By privateharper1
Nov 23, 2007
  1. hey ppl ive just been told by a friend of mine u may be able to help me with my problem..

basically its xfire nt working in game...ive been tryin to play bf2 and xfire used to work but now it doesnt it says its detected in the options and i have no idea what else it could be...its set to scroll lock+x and nothing happens...

any ideas?

system
    windows XP pro
    version 2002
    service pack 2

Computer

AMD sempron 2800+

2.00gHZ

2GB OF RAM

video card-radeon 9600

hope u can help much appreciated

thanks

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Go to Options > games and use the detect games button, it'll re-reload Xfire with all your current games installed in the list

3. privateharper1

privateharper1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ya bf2 is detected as with all my otehr games it just doesnt work in game...i have all the boxs ticked for in game chat ect but it still doesnt seem to work...

i also have this problem where i can only play bf2...i tryed playin counbter striek source a min a go and it says preparing to play css and then the screen goes black and keeps flickering between dark black and light and then takes me bak to the desktop...

i have the lateist drivers for my GFX card so im not sure.... could it be something to do with the rendering?

thanks for ure help

4. hamas123

hamas123 TS Maniac Posts: 499

Just use windows live then, thats what i use.

5. privateharper1

privateharper1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i could but i would rather use xfire :/

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.