XFX Geforce 6600 PVT43KUDF3 HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazdude

I found this card on newegg, its the XFX Geforce 6600 PVT43KUDF3. I am pretty sure thats the card I want to get, now I want to make sure it is compatible with my system and that i won't have problems with it, so I need help one last time. here are my specs:

celeron D 2.93Ghz processor
512 MB DDR RAM
149 GB hardrive
8x/4x agp 1.5V slot

thats all I can think of but if you need more reference heres one again the link to my MoBo

http://www.asrock.com/product/product_775vm8.htm

well, there it is, so far gamespot have kept its reputation, so dont let me down. Will that video card be compatible with my system? I must know before i order it.

Looks good to me.

That board already has integrated graphics, so you'll have to disable that before you pop in the 6600, but I see no compatibility issues.

Anyone else?

One other thing you should probably confirm ahead of time, is whether or not your PSU will be able to juice your new system.

What is the brand and wattage of your PSU?

wattage is 350 watts, and brand, lemme see, tech link or soemthing like that. But yeah, the geforce 6600 will work 100 percent sure right?

yeah, now am wondering if the 6600 gt or the geforce 6800 will work also? its always good to go to the next level, would the 6800 work?

The 6600gt or 6800 should work. I can't say 100%, because who knows, you could end up getting a DOA (dead on arrival) card that wouldn't work no matter what pc you put it in. They are made to work together(agp cards and agp boards), but in real life sometimes things don't work as expected. That said, I'd say you have a 99% chance it should work.

This might be ok, it also has 1000mhz memory, so it's faster than most agp 6600gts.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125168

Dead on arrival.... as in a faulty video card. It happens every once and a while.

Your motherboard and that card are officially compatible.

So if i got a faulty card, can I like return it to newegg and get it replaced or something? cuz or else I would break the card in rage, lol.

Newegg has an excellent reputation for returns on faulty parts.

But then again, destroying faulty cards in a fit of rage is often fun too..... ;)

Sure is :) lol, ill make sure i put some angry Iron Maiden while doing in it, lol. I have a question also, how do you exactly over clock a card? see cuz I see geforce 6600 with 500 Mhz memory clock and the gts have 1000 Mhz, but i only find 6600 gts with 128 mb video memory when i would like to find one with 256 mb for agp, is there any? if there is send me a link and ill take a look., well, does over clocking mean making the memory clock faster?

is 500 Mhz memory clock good enough? seeing as that was the card i want to get has. and is there geforces 6600 gts with 256 mb video memory?

I think xfx made a 256mb 6600gt for a while, it may be discontinued now.
Some 6800's are 256mb.

Another option would be a ati 9800pro/xt, they can be had with 256mb as well.

I have a 6200 and a 6600gt, the 6200 is unlocked to a 6600, so that's bascially what it is, the difference between the two is noticeable, but the machines differ in cpu speed a good bit so, it's hard to say.

Anyone else make 6600 gts with 256 Mb? And is the fxf card am getting a good card? and how hihg do you think it could over clocked to? and keep it safe at the same time. I also been thinking about the 9800 xt, but i cant find any, lol.

if i put a 6600 in my system will i be able to play rome total war fairly smoothly in med settings? and same with age of empires 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back