TechSpot

Ximeta hard drive not recognized

By Onus
Apr 6, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is the right solution. Xcept there is no drive showing in My Computer, Manage, Disk Management (only C and D laptop drives) for the hard disk plugged into my USB port.
  2. CraigMc

CraigMc Newcomer, in training Posts: 50

Is it a powered or unpowered external Hard Disk, is it plugged directly into the USB ports on the back of your computer or front ports/hub? If it is plugged into a USB Hub, is the Hub self powered or bus powered?

Does your Hard Disk show up in device manager?

If you could provide as much information as possible it will make it easier to diagnose the issue :)
  3. TC Machine

TC Machine Newcomer, in training Posts: 36

Drive needs a partition (Fdisk)

I had EXACTLY the same problem. It needs a partition. I formatted the new drive using Super_Fdisk in DOS. Follow the instructions (you may need a boot disk the program can create) and it finds the new drive (should be a different letter to your C and D and CD/DVD roms drive letters). Create the partition which happens very quick.:knock:

When you reboot normally Windows should give you the usual Disk Management commands.

Click here to get Super_Fdisk
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.