Ximeta hard drive not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onus

Mr Noname posted: Easy to FIX

Right click on my computer
Choose MANAGE
Then find DISK MANAGEMENT
You should see your ext hard drive under the list.
Right click on it, and choose CHANGE DRIVE LETTER
Choose anything, but I recommand something higher than M:

I've seen this problem with alot of STORAGE DEVICE

This is the right solution. Xcept there is no drive showing in My Computer, Manage, Disk Management (only C and D laptop drives) for the hard disk plugged into my USB port.

Is it a powered or unpowered external Hard Disk, is it plugged directly into the USB ports on the back of your computer or front ports/hub? If it is plugged into a USB Hub, is the Hub self powered or bus powered?

Does your Hard Disk show up in device manager?

If you could provide as much information as possible it will make it easier to diagnose the issue :)

Drive needs a partition (Fdisk)

Onus said:
This is the right solution. Xcept there is no drive showing in My Computer, Manage, Disk Management (only C and D laptop drives) for the hard disk plugged into my USB port.

I had EXACTLY the same problem. It needs a partition. I formatted the new drive using Super_Fdisk in DOS. Follow the instructions (you may need a boot disk the program can create) and it finds the new drive (should be a different letter to your C and D and CD/DVD roms drive letters). Create the partition which happens very quick.:knock:

When you reboot normally Windows should give you the usual Disk Management commands.

Click here to get Super_Fdisk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back