Xoftspy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomrca

i have recentl tried the adware removal programme 'XOFTSPT'. it found a couple of tracker cookies and IBIS\Hunt Toolbar. it gave me the path, "software/file manager", the only ones i can find is in the registry, but there is no IBIS\Hunt Toolbar. Am i looking in the right place, or is it bull####ing me. none of my other av/adware/spyware can detect it.
i tried to remove it with the xoftspy, but guess what??? buy this prog to remove it!!!!
i have scanned with hijack this, and cant see it there either

i already use ewido and i have another two to work with, but none find it. thats why i am asking if its a liar?

hi RBS. i downloaded a 14 day trial from webroot, done a scan and nothing was found , other than a tracking cookie!
do you think that it is safe to asume that XOFTSPY IS CONNING?

Post your HJT-log here anyway (as an attachment)

To remove:
If a user wishes to remove XoftSpy, it is very simple to do. Just go to the start menu -> all programs -> xoftspy -> uninstall xoftspy. Alternatively, just go to Add/Remove programs in the control panel. Select Remove and in a few moments it’s done.

XoftSpy is a piece of crap IMHO
Also see http://www.adwarereport.com/mt/archives/000014.html

i was reading a page about ibis\hunt toolbar, and it says that it can be in a registry in the form of a number! unfortunately i got distracted and closed the page, and now cant remember which page it was.

thanks again RBS, i liked the link on rogues.
got to say though, you do make me laugh with your VERY GENTLE views on programmes.
i am sure my irish ancetors of rosscommon and leitrim were just the same.LOL

slauncha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back