Xp and Audio Interface = BSOD (with WinDbg logs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bil.g

I am running XP sp2 with an RME Fireface 400 audio interface. I am getting BSODs in multiple audio editing programs. Looking at the minidumps, it appears to be the fireface. I am just attaching the last 2 debug logs from WinDbg. They seem to show the similar enough results. I have more if needed. Can anyone tell how or why it is causing the crashes? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bill

Is your system fully updated using the Microsoft Update utility? Many prople forget about this

Somehow, when I reinstalled XP on 12/15/06 and did the updates(60+), WU missed KB920872 (from Sep, 06). That might be it. Thanks for reminding me to be more diligent since I won't use Auto Updates.

bil.g said:
Somehow, when I reinstalled XP on 12/15/06 and did the updates(60+), WU missed KB920872 (from Sep, 06). That might be it. Thanks for reminding me to be more diligent since I won't use Auto Updates.

I have Autoupdates set for notify only. This may not be your fix, but it's worth a try

Thanks for the suggestion. I try to leave any auto functions off because they interfere with real time audio editing and processing. It's one of those compromises for system performance. Though, it might have saved me from losing an hour long session with a guitarist last night. Well, that and Autosave...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back