XP and MSI 648 Max-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

[7DS]Greed

XP and MSI 648 Max-V USB prob

I have just built a system for my kids using the MSI 648 Max-V after there Asus mobo died everything is fine apart from 1 thing when i plugged there Sidewinder Precision Pro 2 joystick in it found it np but when you reboot system you have to unplug it and enter it in to another USB port for it to find it again and do this everytime, it worked fine on the P4S8X i know its not the mobo because it finds aand keeps all other things that are attached to the usb, A friend of mine is having the exact same prob with another brand of mobo,
My mobo disk does not come with usb 2 drivers it tells you to use MS ones from SP1.

I would be grateful if anyone knows a fix for this

The specs are p4 2.4, 1.5gb pc2700, GF4 TI4600

That sounds like a flimsy USB implementation by SiS. I'm not sure if there is much you can do.

See if there's a BIOS release on the SiS website that seems to resolve an USB issue ( read the release notes for the BIOS file ) or maybe look around on their online FAQ for that board. Maybe it's a known issue they're trying to resolve.

Thx for the reply but it also happens to my m8 who has VIA chipset so was wondering if it was a XP issue,Like i say it only happens with my joystick and his Joystick his is a Sieteck cyborg not M$

I have a Hercules gamepad & don't have that problem myself ( I'm using 2K though ).

Check in your device manager & see if you haven't enabled the power saving functions for that device.

BTW, have you tried all the USB ports ?

Thx again for replying i have tried with power saving on and off and yes its all 4 ports its really puzzing me now but i have found a work around for it for now i have run a USB extention from the back of the computer to the side of the monitor when my son wants to use the joystick he plugs it in and when he has finished he unplugs it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back