TechSpot

XP CD Burning Wizard Won't Work.......!

By dexterdoo
Mar 7, 2006
  1. And that ain't all ....! I've been trying to solve this for weeks! yes, I've ran every virus and spyware program I could get my hands on. I've read tons of posts everywhere. Here's what you need to know:

Acronis True Image, WinAvi, Ghost and any of my other programs will work fine until it comes time to burn. Then, no go ! If I try to save a file to CD with XP, it tells me "the disc may no longer be usable" ! yeah, right !! :)

I was sure none of this was memory or hardware related so I loaded an old clunky 5 GB drive with XP and just the aforementioned programs and everything worked perfectly !

I have a feeling that the XP Burning Wizard and the other problems have the same cause. Some DLL not working ??? There has to be a way to find out what the cause is before I have to wack my drive and do a complete reload ??? :dead:

I have not tried to "Repair XP" cuz I've been told that no matter what MS says, a lot of my programs will not work afterwards ??

When I post, I'm really desperate ! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. and yes, I checked the IMAPI CD-Burning in XP ....... :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.