XP crashes and reboots: Errorcode; 1000008e,

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some days my PC keeps crashing and reboots.
EVENTlog shows EVENTid1003 Category(102) Source: System Error

Errorcode; 1000008e, parameter1: c0000005, parameter2: f73411a2, parameter3: f38d0b4c, parameter4: 00000000.

I been browsing around and know this will most likely be caused by a badly working piece of hardware. The goal is that I hope to find out here which piece :)

I been seeing similar threads on this forum and some good replies / analyses so I attached two of the last minidumps and was hoping any one could push me in the right direction on this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    42 KB · Views: 13
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Both your minidumps crash at FOPN.sys. This is part of a rogue antivirus programme Winantivirus. In other words your system is infected with spyware etc.

Start by going to add remove programmes in your control panel. Uninstall anything to do with winantivirus.

Then, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

I have moved your thread to our security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of chica only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

heya Howard, thanks for the quick reply.
Seems like you are pretty good!

I been following the instructions in the thread you linked for a part and realised im gonna save myself some time and just format my PC seen there are some other lil beasts that got in :-D among em is idd Winantivirus trojan (i did install winav a while ago but already uninstalled it so it was probably a bad copy and i should have payed more notice)

Thanks alot!

That`s no problem mate, at least you`ll know your system is clean.

Never ever install Winantivirus. It`s a rougue antivirus programme that`ll flood your system with viruses and spyware. Steer well clear.

I recommend the following free antivirus and firewall programmes.

Download and install the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes. You can get them HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of chica only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Kida the same thing

i get kind of the same code but not all is this the same thing a virus?

Error Code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 4e37f7f7, parameter3 f7b51afc parameter4 00000000.

any help would be GREAT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back