XP crashes and reboots

My PC generated this error code after 'recovering' from a serious error.
BCCode:1000008e
BCP1:C10000005
BCP2:0f293e64
BCP3:a2a1c7d0
BCP4:00000000
windows xp
It still crashes and recovers from the same error. Is it an OS error or
Software/Hardware.
please help me
thanks

XP crashing

How far does your PC get before it crashes? To the desktop? Can you open and run any programs? Have you changed any parts in it lately? Is it a 'shop bought' PC or own-built?

hello
pc goes to the desktop, i can open any programs and after cca 2-3 min it frezes no mather what program is running. After i done new instalation it lastest about 2-3 weeks and it crashes again. it is own-built pc. only thing that may have affected is that, that i was my dvd writer updated with firmware and because that on the mother board was something wrong, ˝is it possible˝. that dvd writher i was replaced with new one and it continues to crash.

You can test that theory by removing the power lead to the DVD drive, and then trying to boot into Windows. I doubt its the cause of the issue, but it will eliminate it as a possibility.

What are your CPU temps in BIOS? Is it possible your CPU is thermally throttling due to getting too hot?

If your PC always boots to the desktop ok, and all works well, then crashes after several minutes, it does point to heat problems. If you built it yourself, did you put some thermal paste on the top surface of the CPU, before you put the heatsink on?
If no, you only need to use about 5mm diameter, 0.5mm thick, right in the middle of the CPU. The heatsink will squash it out when you clip it on. You should not be able to see any afterwards looking at all four sides, when heatsink is on.
Also is the fan working on top of the CPU? If possible can you try some different RAM ? Or at least take out what you have now, and refit again.

Back