XP drivers for Sony Vaio PCG-8112m?

Powah

Im doing a standard XP install on a Sony Vaio PCG-8112m, but i can't seem to find any drivers, the computer came with Vista.

Is there anywhere you can download XP drivers for this? Or any laptop drivers that would be compatable for the network driver ECT?

Thanks for help :)

Can you install Windows 7? If there are no XP drivers listed on the Sony Support site for this laptop, you're out of luck

If it were up to me, i would, but i work as IT support, so gotta install what they give me lol.

Oh well, thanks for replying anyway, Im gonna have to install it and see what i can find :p

Under regular conditions I almost always balk on trying to use drivers that were not meant to be be used on a certain Operating System, in this case, i might just recommend it. If the Sony site is plumb out of providing Windows XP support, and the "world wide web" has proven to be no help, than what I would recommend you to do is try installing Window Vista drivers for your XP O.S.! If Sony has Vista drivers that you can download, try and match the (bit) version, like if you have Windows XP (32bit) try using drivers for Windows Vista (32bit). If your Windows XP is a (64bit) than try a couple Windows Vista (64bit) drivers. The worst the web site is going to tell you, is that they detect that the drivers are incompatible for your O.S., and will not work.

Again I've never really liked using this course of action, almost never works, but on rare occasions I was able to slip a Vista driver or two past Windows XP nose and get away with it.

Good luck.......

Good advice, thank you!

I shall give this a try :) At the moment im just trying to get past the silly encryption software! haha

One last thing, it's another "long shot" approach on handling your Windows XP driver issue. If any of those Windows Vista drivers on Sony's support site don't pan out for you, rather than throwing in the towel, try going back, way back, like trying to find some Windows 2000 Professional drivers that might suite your needs. I know most will think I'm crazy for advising you this course of action, but you never know! This will require you to hunt for them on the "world wide web", for computer support web sites gave up the ghost on Windows 2000 drivers a long time ago. Just remember if you go 'bust' with Vista and are going to try and find Windows 2000 Pro drivers, remember the same rule apply's as towards matching the (bit) version.

Might sounds nuts and crazy, but just like sneaking a Vista driver or two past Windows XP, the same is true for some Windows 2000 drivers, my XP used them and never knew the difference!

Good luck.................:)

Back