XP Firewall

By ovrtn5
Mar 18, 2004
  1. I have two computers on a workgroup through dsl and 2 port router. One computer has ZoneAlarm firewall and the other is just using the XP Firewall. When I go to the settings of the XP firewall I can add a IP a trusted IP im guessing...It also asks for the incoming and outgoing ports? How can i find those....I want to be able to talk to each computer without turning the XP firewall off....any help? thanks, cody o

Attached Files:

2. FeTaLDaMagE

FeTaLDaMagE TS Rookie Posts: 44

I thought that you really dont need fire wall if you use a router because of the of the nat system on the routers firewall? Did I miss somthing I should know about?
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

It's still good idea to run software firewall although XP firewall is not something anyone should ever rely on.
  4. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 281

Agreed with Nodsu, PS...thats the worst windows colour theme ever man ;]
  5. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,094

Save yourself some headaches and shutoff the XP firewall.Grab another copy of Zonealarm and put it on the other machine.
    Zonealarm will set up a local& WAN protection levels and you use the XP networking wizard to set up sharing protocols
  6. ovrtn5

ovrtn5 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I think I will just put ZoneAlarm on it....thanks for the help! cody o
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.