XP Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two computers on a workgroup through dsl and 2 port router. One computer has ZoneAlarm firewall and the other is just using the XP Firewall. When I go to the settings of the XP firewall I can add a IP address...like a trusted IP im guessing...It also asks for the incoming and outgoing ports? How can I find those....I want to be able to talk to each computer without turning the XP firewall off....any help? thanks, cody o

Attachments

• xpfirewall.jpg
    xpfirewall.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 19
I thought that you really dont need fire wall if you use a router because of the of the nat system on the routers firewall? Did I miss somthing I should know about?

It's still good idea to run software firewall although XP firewall is not something anyone should ever rely on.

Originally posted by ovrtn5
I have two computers on a workgroup through dsl and 2 port router. One computer has ZoneAlarm firewall and the other is just using the XP Firewall. When I go to the settings of the XP firewall I can add a IP address...like a trusted IP im guessing...It also asks for the incoming and outgoing ports? How can i find those....I want to be able to talk to each computer without turning the XP firewall off....any help? thanks, cody o

Save yourself some headaches and shutoff the XP firewall.Grab another copy of Zonealarm and put it on the other machine.
Zonealarm will set up a local& WAN protection levels and you use the XP networking wizard to set up sharing protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back