XP HardDrive Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all---
I need some help with my Windows XP harddrives--Currently my regular C: drive is makin lots of noise and Im afraid its gonna just crap out someday really soon-I have a second hdd already installed under the directory of F:, mainly for my music.

I have a third drive from a different computer, that was formatted for Windows XP-I tried putting that 3rd drive in place of my current f: drive to format it, however, windows wont let me format it, because it says "close all programs that are showing volume information on this drive" Nothing is open, all my other stuff is closed!

Basically what Im looking to do is use this 3rd drive as my new c: drive--Id like to get all of my current files an settings onto the new drive---I havent done this computer stuff in a while and I could definately use some advice, or help--or just what to do--im just afraid of losing all my stuff on my current C: drive--any help would be greatly apreciated!!

:) Thanks!!!

put the drive u are wanting to use a C: in as the C: is now place u're windows CD in format it and install install windows on it then put the old drive in and move the stuff over u need, assumuming u are going ot reinstall programs u need

what you can do id to use Acronis software to make a copy of your C drive and copy all of it to your new drive. You will not loose anything, then just exchange drives and use new drive as C:

go to seagate website look for there software read witch one is for your situation and load instal all your drives with the one you want to copy as C:
just follow prompts for copy hard drive
warning make sure the drive you copy to is now the c: on boot
must config the cables and jumpers for this

seagate discwizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back