TechSpot

XP HOME Blank screen

By AI1234
Aug 27, 2006
  1. Hi guys,

I seem to be getting a blank screen with a cursor after the windows splash screen. This happened after I tried to going through the upgrade recovery process which went ok except for a 3 dlls not being copied from the cd i think they were

prflbmsg.dll
    printui.chm
    proctexe.ocx

after the computer restarted it went to the through to the windows installation process, then I stepped on the power cord and the computer shut down, after restarting it didn't continue from where it left off. I re-ran the recovery process and after the splash screen it went blank with a cursor. Just cant get past it. I installed a new hard drive with a fresh install of XP all the hardware is fine.

Any ideas of how I can get my old XP up again or continue the installation?have tried fixmbr, fixboot and bootcf.

all help would be appreciated. thanks

2. werty316

werty316 TS Rookie Posts: 246

3. AI1234

AI1234 TS Rookie Topic Starter

4. AI1234

AI1234 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Anyone? I really could do with some help I really need to get into my pc o/s.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.