XP HOME install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit65

Hello everone,

Wondering if anyone can help me. I bought a barebones pc from TigerDirect. It's a Pentium D Dual Core processor, matched to an Intel
D945GCcr board. Using on board audio and video.

I am trying to install Windows XP home on it. It does the partition/format with no problems. Everything goes fine right up to the first time it says it needs to restart. Once it restarts, the Windows screen comes up briefly, and then Blue Screen. Problem detected, Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer. ***stop: OxOOOOOO7B (OxF888F524, OxCOOOOO34, OxOOOOOOOO, OxOOOOOOOO).

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I took the system to the shop, and was told the only way to get the install to work was for me to buy the full version of XP. I did, and they got it to install. Unfortunately, the brand new drive that it was installed on was defective. So I purchased another new drive. Now I cannot seem to get the OS installed. I am not sure if the error code this time is the same as I the code it gave me last time.

I am at the end of my rope on this one, can anyone help me???

Thank You!!

-Bandit65

This typically occurs when you press F6 to load 3rd party HD controller drivers (such as SATA or SCSI drivers) during Windows install.

What type drive is that?

Concerning this "full version" issue - that is only true if you only have a "recovery" disk from the maker - if that is not the case, you got ripped off by that shop!

When did you buy this? It sure seems Tiger Direct should be the ones helping you.

check the system requirements first in installing windows XP Home on your PC
processor-233MHZ/ 300MHZ or higher
memory- 64MB RAM/128MB RAM or higher
video adapter and monitor SUPER VGA 800x 600 dpi/ super vga 800x600 dpi or higher
hard drive disk free space 1.5GB/1.5GB or higher
drives CD-ROM/CDROM or higher

what service pack are you trying to install is it 1 or two coz you cannot install service pack 2 without service pack 1

Here's whats inside my system:

Intel Pentium D 940 3.20GHz / 4MB Cache / 800MHz FSB / Dual-Core / Presler / OEM / Socket 775 / Processor

Intel D945GCCRL Intel Socket 775 MicroATX Motherboard / Audio / Video / PCI Express / 10/100 Ethernet LAN / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA

Ultra 512MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory

Maxtor 80GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/SATA-3

The pc shop said that everything was hooked up correctly. And as I said, they did install on my first drive, but the drive was faulty. I installed a new drive, hit the stop code, and called the PC shop for help. They told me that they could not "tell me" how to install an OS over the phone. They said I would have to bring it in, and it typically takes two to three hours to install an OS. Now.....I've installed numerous OS's on my PC's throughout the years, but I never had it take two to three hours to complete. I think they just want to raid my wallet again. As for TigerDirect, they do not give technical support for the items they sell.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Bill_Bright said:
This typically occurs when you press F6 to load 3rd party HD controller drivers (such as SATA or SCSI drivers) during Windows install.

What type drive is that?

Concerning this "full version" issue - that is only true if you only have a "recovery" disk from the maker - if that is not the case, you got ripped off by that shop!

When did you buy this? It sure seems Tiger Direct should be the ones helping you.

I bought the system about three weeks ago. I don't know what the PC shop did to get the OS installed on my first drive. The system worked as it should with that drive, it's just that the HD sounded like an old manual typewriter when it was asked to do anything. And it was very slow(the HD), the system was very quick though.

CCT said:
First thing, follow Intels' troubleshooter;

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-010254.htm

Then let us know - kk?

:)

I went to the troubleshooter, but I don't know what this code is, so I don't know what to troubleshoot, ie. board, memory, drive??

I believe them. It can take a couple hours - especially if that includes installing SP2 on top of XP, AND then, all the critical updates (although a good shop should have a fairly current slipstream disk to speed things up a bit). You can probably do it faster because you are sitting in front of the box, ready to answer prompts, plus you may already have all the necessary HW drivers handy. In a shop, they are probably working more than one repair job at a time so much time is wasted as the PC waits for user input. Plus, as a repair guy, you NEVER - as in NEVER EVER tell the customer how fast you can really do something - okay, you tell your first customer, but then NEVER - as in NEVER EVER after that do you tell them how long it will really take! ;)

As for TirgerDirect, no tech support does not equal no customer service - do they not stand behind their products at all? It may be too late now since much has been done, but they should still back their products. If not, warnings should go out to the world not to buy from them!!

Bandit65 said:
Hello everone,

Wondering if anyone can help me. I bought a barebones pc from TigerDirect. It's a Pentium D Dual Core processor, matched to an Intel
D945GCcr board. Using on board audio and video.

I am trying to install Windows XP home on it. It does the partition/format with no problems. Everything goes fine right up to the first time it says it needs to restart. Once it restarts, the Windows screen comes up briefly, and then Blue Screen. Problem detected, Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer. ***stop: OxOOOOOO7B (OxF888F524, OxCOOOOO34, OxOOOOOOOO, OxOOOOOOOO).
This is the second time this has happened. The first time I took the system to the shop, and was told the only way to get the install to work was for me to buy the full version of XP. I did, and they got it to install. Unfortunately, the brand new drive that it was installed on was defective. So I purchased another new drive. Now I cannot seem to get the OS installed. I am not sure if the error code this time is the same as I the code it gave me last time.

I am at the end of my rope on this one, can anyone help me???

Thank You!!

-Bandit65

Does anyone know what this stop code is, and what I have to do to get by it??

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

I just tried again. Deleted existing partition, created new partition, formatted and setup then coppied files into the Windows installation folders. This is the point where it restarts and then it goes to the blue screen and the stop code: ***stop: OxOOOOOO7B (OxF888F524, OxCOOOOO34, OxOOOOOOOO, OxOOOOOOOO).

Just to check - you HAVE set up your bios to handle the Sata drive the way you want? - Right?

At the risk of sounding very stupid, I have not done so, I did not know I had to do something like that.

How do I do it?

Thanks!

Tedster said:
This can be due to faulty drivers.
Also test ram with MEMTEST 86+

Thanks!-

I'm trying to get the memtest now.

I only received an invoice from Tiger.
I went to the Intel Support Link you gave me and did as the said (until a certain point).

Enter the BIOS - OK
Select Advanced - OK
Select Drive Configuration - OK
Disable Intel® RAID Technology - Not there
Enable SATA AHCI mode - Not there
Save changes and exit the BIOS configuration

I wrote an email to Intel support about my specific board, and I also provided them with the stop code. I'll see what they say.

In my AMI bios the settings are, under IDE Configuration:

'configure sata' as: Standard IDE
AHCI
Raid

I set mine to AHCI

'onboard IDE operate mode' as: enhanced mode (need this for 2k,XP)

'enhanced mode support on': S-ATA mode

'onboard serial ata bootrom': disabled (ON for Raid only)

Anyways, (a few other settings there re plug and play and USB and lan but regardless) after that during boot you press F6 when asked and install the appropriate ICHR driver for AHCI.

gl anyway

I just remembered that I didn't format the defective drive yet. I just put it back in my system and it works just fine (OS does anyway, drive itself sounds like an old John Deere two cylinder tractor!) Is there a way I can shadow the OS from the defective drive over to the good drive? This would certainly solve all my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back