XP installation/Loading screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning i left my computer on because i left for work. When i got home about 8-10 hours later I saw that my monitor light was blinking. I moved my mouse and nothing happened. It's like it went into some kind of hibernation sort of deal. So i restarted. It boot fine and i played some World of warcraft. I noticed some lock ups in between which i knew a problem was occuring. I quickly shut down thinking that maybe i needed it to rest. I waited an hour and i started it up again. When it got to the windows xp load screen the blue bar would go, then stop, then go, then stop. So i figured my boot.ini file was bad so i popped in my xp cd and went to the repair. Took about 2 mins to actually say something and what it said was, "Examining 130707 0 at 0 Id 0 atapi" or something similar to that. So i waited for about 30 mins but noting happened it just hung there for that long. I tried to reinstall windows and same message popped up and wouldnt even reinstall. Right now as we speak i'm looking at my computer screen and i was thinking that maybe if i let windows loading screen load it would go to the login but no its still going as i explain here. Is there anything that i can do? I spent about $200 buying hard drives which broke and i really dont want to spend anymore.

Spec:
Maxtor 160GB SATA drive (i tried to use Max Blast but nothing.)

Please i need help bad.

Also, i tried botting safe mode, sm+network, and sm+cmd but nothing. It just hangs forever.

Hi

Sorry to say it but I think your right the HD is faulty, download the manufacturers test tool and run the test, I hope its under warrantly, you might be needing it.

Regards

Hi

Most shop warranties are 3 months to a year, manufacturers warranty is 12 months to 3 years, go on the website and check the returns policy.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back