TechSpot

XP installation/Loading screen problem

By amparo
Jan 15, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This morning i left my computer on because i left for work. When i got home about 8-10 hours later I saw that my monitor light was blinking. I moved my mouse and nothing happened. It's like it went into some kind of hibernation sort of deal. So i restarted. It boot fine and i played some World of warcraft. I noticed some lock ups in between which i knew a problem was occuring. I quickly shut down thinking that maybe i needed it to rest. I waited an hour and i started it up again. When it got to the windows xp load screen the blue bar would go, then stop, then go, then stop. So i figured my boot.ini file was bad so i popped in my xp cd and went to the repair. Took about 2 mins to actually say something and what it said was, "Examining 130707 0 at 0 Id 0 atapi" or something similar to that. So i waited for about 30 mins but noting happened it just hung there for that long. I tried to reinstall windows and same message popped up and wouldnt even reinstall. Right now as we speak i'm looking at my computer screen and i was thinking that maybe if i let windows loading screen load it would go to the login but no its still going as i explain here. Is there anything that i can do? I spent about $200 buying hard drives which broke and i really dont want to spend anymore.

Spec:
    Maxtor 160GB SATA drive (i tried to use Max Blast but nothing.)

Please i need help bad.

Also, i tried botting safe mode, sm+network, and sm+cmd but nothing. It just hangs forever.
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

Sorry to say it but I think your right the HD is faulty, download the manufacturers test tool and run the test, I hope its under warrantly, you might be needing it.

Regards
  3. amparo

amparo TS Rookie Topic Starter

hey thanks alot hehe. ive only had it since november and i dont know how long the warranty is.
  4. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

Most shop warranties are 3 months to a year, manufacturers warranty is 12 months to 3 years, go on the website and check the returns policy.

Regards
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.