xp license

Status
Not open for further replies.

dae_amp_ika_dtp

can i buy an extra license for windows xp? i bought a full version that came with service pack two and one xp key. i want to install it on a new computer but i dont want to spend another $100 for an extra cd. how much would the license cost? thanks..

dae_amp_ika_dtp said:
can i buy an extra license for windows xp? i bought a full version that came with service pack two and one xp key. i want to install it on a new computer but i dont want to spend another $100 for an extra cd. how much would the license cost? thanks..

Your licence comes with the CD for home users i think it's only in business where you can buy extra licences so you would have to buy another version of XP to get a license for your new Comp. i beleive that is how it is i'm not 100% sure.

I would agree, you're paying for the license not the CD. The CD costs nothing it's the license that's so expensive. I'm sure there are places where you can get a license much cheaper than buying it retail.

You can install XP on a new computer,as long as you uninstall it from the old computer,

then tell Microsoft that you have done so.

If you want to install it on both computers,you have to buy another copy of XP.

Volume licences only apply for a minimum of 5 PCs.

They allow you to install without having to activate each time.

There are some grey areas HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back