XP Loading Problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.... I have a problem. I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 Notebook. When I start my computer up... it comes up to a black screen and says to choose an operating system to load. The choices are Microsoft Windows Xp home ed. or NEw microsoft windows xp home ed. I think this may be because of a program called stardock object desktop i downloaded. I have uninstalled it and searched my drive for any files named stardock or object desktop and deleted it. And also... When the windows xp loadin screen comes up ... the screen is really small and the rest is just black which the screen is initally black anyway but it goes back to full screen when the welcome screen comes up. If anyone can give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe it has something to do with my registry. I searched with some program and it found 650 soemthing errors. It only fixed 50 then I have to buy it. Could this be the problem. Does anyone know of any reg. progam that woudl fix all the errors. Well Thanks again....

Kevin

Having the XP loading screen show up small is normal. Some laptops come with screens that cannot run resolutions that aren't native in full screen. As for the menu in the OS loaded have you tried to install a different version of Windows on top of the previous or have you installed the recovery console in the menu ?

Thanks for the reply but I figured it out. I had to go to system properties and the advanced tab and uncheck something. That fixed the OS question. And the loading screen being small... It used to be full screen. And I can't change my resolution from 1400 by 1050 because if I do the screen will get smaller but there will be black around the screen.

Be very wary of the registry 'fix' programs.
Some use every single line under one header to get an 'impressive' tally and scare the living daylights out of you, hoping you will buy their piece of junk.
Others use the opportunity to make their own entries and 'open' your PC for 'remote control'.

The only reliable programs -that I know off- are Erunt and NTRegOpt:
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back