XP logging in to NT doamain and mapping drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicarius

I have several xp machines that are setup to log into a NT domain server and they have been doing that. We added a shared calendar program the other day that shares data files from the server. Now I have mapped the drives to the correct places but they do not connect when the person logs in. You can double click the disabled drives and a logon comes up and you can put exactly what you put in when you logged into xp and the drives are there. But not until then. The workgroup name of the machine is set to the domain name. I have put the DNS server IP in. I cant figure out why it wont work. I could make a win2k down machine work like this in a sec. Am I missing something in XP. I have tried the network connection wizard but it did not seem to help. I seem to be a little confused on how XP wants to do things.

S>

I'm not 100% sure but maybe you need to set the local policy to authenticate as themselves instead of guest? You can do this by running gpedit.msc and going to Local Computer Policy>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Local Policies>Security Options>Network Access: Sharing and Security Model for Local Accounts. Give that a try...

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back