XP Logon issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

liam.huse

Hello,

I have a couple of problems.

#1 / My ***** brother decided to install 2moons on my computer, now when I try to get on to my computer I have the logon screen come up (which I disabled) allowing me to click on my user.

When I click on the user icon it says, "Loading personal settings" or whatever and then nothing happens, it stays on the logon screen.

The same happens in safe mode and when i try and use Administrator with no password the same happens.

Reformatting is not an option as I have VERY important web design files on there.

------------------------

#2 / I have another hdd on the computer which will not boot up as the repair install was interrupted at one point in a previous problem and says, "Setup s being restarted" continuously.

When I try to enter the repair installation again, it allows me to select the hdd system,once selected it then restarts to finish off the repair but continues the loop.

Any help is really appreciated as I need to transfer the clients files to them asap!

Simple try: Cold boot to SAFEMODE to try what you need... and then try add and remove in the control panel.
If no luck, have available the downloaded regCleaner by Juoni Viuorni from www.majorgeeks.com in the Registry Section. This is a very simple registry editor which gives you control over removal, then saves the removal in case you are wrong in your choice.
You might also try a downloaded copy of CCleaner, and let it rip.
I would download and use the free Kill Disk to take care of the second drive... remove everthing, reboot, reformat, and start over.
Of if you have a floppy drive, boot to a Windows 98 floppy boot/restore or MSDos boot restore, and use that boot to remove the partition on the #2 computer, then reboot, add the partition back, then reboot, and format the drive as FAT 32.
Then go back to your Windows XP install disk to reformat and reinstall in NTFS.
Once you get one drive working, use that to fix the other.

Thank you for the reply.

I can get in to safe mode but i have the same problem and can not login with administrator or my user account.

I will add the corrupt drive to this computer and see if that works.

Ok, I re-formatted the drive that wouldn't complete the setup.

Is there anyway i can use this hard drive and slave the other drive to reset the usergroup or something?

Thanks for the reply jobeard. I have salvaged the files I needed and backed up the rest of that hard drive.

I will try a repair install and see if that works, if not I will reformat as i now have all the files from that hard drive.

I will you all know of the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back