XP Logon Screen Missing a User Icon (not Admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I (with my personal admin acct) accidentally made my acct disappear from the Welcome screen seen at reboot. Accounts Admin, A, and B show normally. I am able to access Administrator's account.

I believe I was in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management when I came to a screen that had something to do with suppressing account names. I clicked to supress my account name and (not funny) on reboot my login account had disappeared. The directory (folder) for my account is there but I can't access the subfolders and files.

I guess I could use a restore point, go into the registry and find my acct and flip the bit that suppresses the display. There were many other "soulutions" that were more exotic but, really, I need to find the screen where I did the dirty deed but 24hrs of searching has reminded me that I wasn't the brightest bulb in the litter. All help appreciated. Carlos

If you disabled an account, why don't you log on as Administrator and enable it again?

I dont know about "suppressing" an account option though....never heard of it.

Solution

Thanks for the response. I didn't disable the account, just prevented it from being displayed at startup. There are (at least) two solutions: the easy one is
Control Panel>User Accounts>Change the Way Users Log On. The other is so convoluted that I won't embarrass myself by listing it. Thanks for the reply!

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back