XP Media Center N3Wb33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, well, I finally got this computer from hell to work properly enough to install XP Media Center, but now it randomly reboots when I try and use Windows Update. And despite downloading drivers direct from creative.com and nvidia.com, I cannot install the drivers for a GeForce Ti 128MB or a Soundblaster Audigy 2.

When attempting to run the EXE files, Nvidia's files always tell me the file has gone corrupt, and the Creative Labs files always say there was an error extracting.

I've downloaded the files several times on a few different computers on the network, and I've tried cross-platform files (ie trying XP pro on media center, etc) but it's always the exact same error message.

Is Media Center known to be highly unstable? So far I'm the only one that I know in this town who's ever even touched this before, and I don't care to leave XP Pro and 2KPro.

try disabling any monitoring utilities such as antivirus while trying to install the drivers. AV software will sometimes cause installers not to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back