XP not posting, BSOD given at random points

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthpepito

hey there, i have a problem (i think). whenever i turn on my computer, it wont show the post screen. i try to hit del to enter the bios, but it is unresponsive. it boots up to windows fine, and everything else runs more or less okay, but i think it might be a problem.

only other thing wrong is, i was running the stress test for counterstrike, and halfway through the screen went black and the comp was unresponsive, and when i logged back in, windows showed me one of those sending in to microsoft error reports, telling me that the BSOD i didnt see said "Kmode exception not handled".
Thoughts?

See if you have any minidumps and attach them in your next posting.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need you to attach to your next posting, NOT the whole folder.

Below your reply screen is the Additional Options screen. Notice the Manage Attachment button.

These are the minidump files from when I started having the problems

Attachments

• Mini011808-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini011808-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 18
Inside minidumps:

BugCheck F4, {3, 8a58e690, 8a58e804, 805d11f8}
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

BugCheck 1000000A, {182, 2, 1, 806e4a2a}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf82015d, b42acbbc, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : hardware

BugCheck 19, {20, e109ab80, e109ac50, c1a0806}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe

Make sure all your drivers are updated
Were you using a specific program at time of BSOD

Also please do a memtest to confirm Ram is OK
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

i was doing the counterstrike stress test, and i did think about that, so i went and dled the newest nvidia drivers for my card, and ive run memtest recently, so i dont think thats it.

Please run a checkdisk on your system

Download CCleaner

Also do a full defrag

Confirm all drivers are up to date, by visiting the manufacture pages

Test again
------------------------------

Regarding the hit DEL message

The bios may not be seeing your USB keyboard, if you have an older PS2 keyboard try that (turn off before installing)
Also try to be very quick with repeatively pressing DEL (if DEL is the system bios setup)

ran checkdisk, everything checked out okay, ran ccleaner, and just a day ago i defragged. i made sure all the drivers were up to date, and tested all the ram with memtest again. maybe there are some drivers still hanging around from my other motherboard, from before i switched out? i thought i got rid of all of them, but could they be hanging around and causing problems? (perhaps a clean install of xp is what is needed here)

as to the other problem, i hit del enough and it went to the bios, but its still not displaying the post. maybe its the monitor? i also tried using one of those purple keyboard ps/2-usb converters, and it didnt recongnize the keyboard at all until i plugged it back into the usb slot.

Have an idea, Hit ESC on cold boot startup then DEL after that (DEL is the setup key isn't it ? (you can also download the manual for your system, it should be in there. How to get into setup or bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back