TechSpot

XP on Vista dual boot/need SATA controller drivers for SAMSUNG SP2504C

By pliendo
Sep 23, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all,

I have a situation. I have recently had to take the plunge and purchase a new system. This new system came with Vista Home Premium. I attempted to dual boot, so that I could continue to use some of my other applications that are no compatible with Vista. I have created a partition, and selected the boot order CDROM before HDD so that I could setup XP on the new partition. However, the system seems to bypass the CD and boot straight into VISTA as if it didn't recognize the setup CD. The research I conducted strongly suggests that I may be experiencing an issue with the SATA controller drivers of my HDD. Unfortuantely, the XP setup never gets into the first screen, so I am unable to F6 at all. I read another article that suggested I might be able to create a streamlined SP2 setup disk with the Controller Drivers on it, but I need to find these SATA controller drivers first. I searched on SAMSUNG's website, I've searched the Internet, and I've searched here, obviously with no luck. I read on one of these forums that all SATA controller drivers are essentially identical. So I was wondering if anyone could direct me to where I might be able to acquire these drivers. Or, does anyone else have any other suggestions as to why I am unable to install XP as a dual boot with Vista? Every other article I have read seems to indicate this is a fairly simple process. I hate that I am having such a difficutl time. I would appreciate any assistance with this matter. Thank you.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.