XP or Vista 64 Bit for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

czplayer

What is more stable and able to run games? Windows XP 64 bit or Windows Vista 64 bit? Will XP even be used in the future?

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8mhz
Radeon 4830 hd
4gb of G Skill ram
640 gb hd

Please help me out here.... I'm not sure what to go with..

If you had less than 4GB of ram, XP-32bit beats both hands down... not so great with 4GB installed tho...

So with my set up I'll be able to run Vista just fine with no crashes or things like that? I run XP right now on my current pc and I have to agree, it is pretty good but I need something that will last a while and will run fine with all my games and programs.

So with my set up I'll be able to run Vista just fine with no crashes or things like that?
No one can guarantee no crashes or 'anything like that'! You're not just dealing with your machine, but also the ISP, the servers, the site, etc.

I need something that will last a while and will run fine with all my games and programs.
So get the system with the most stability, enough RAM and good security and do regular maintenance on the system to keep it in best running order.

Vista it is then. I was worried about getting it because of all the things people have
been saying about it but with the right set up I think it will run just fine.

Only other point is the eminent issue of Windows 7, which is being rushed out, probably later this year. Now Windows 7 (most people agree), will be really Vista SP2 with a lot of visual changes to make it look like a new OS.

Because of this slight of hand, expect no favours from MS respecting upgrade pricing etc. Therefore you are likely to have to pay full wack twice over in a few months interval. Why not wait, if you have a perfectly good XP setup now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back