TechSpot

XP - Page Fault in NonPaged Area - with minidumps

By bennymax
Jul 14, 2007
  1. Hi Everyone,
    First timer here, some help is really appreciated. Started recently I started getting the infamous blue screen death, it happens randomly, at least to me it seems random.

I have attached the dump file that was created, please help me take a look.

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Your first minidump points to memory corruption. I strongly advise that you run a MemTest 86+ to for 10 passes. This will take quite some time but worth it. usually I start it, go to bed, and check it out the next morniing.

Also, minidump two points to NAVEX15.SYS which is a driver for Symantec.

The third minidump points to SPBBCDriv.sys. SPBBCDRV.SYS is a Symantec driver, notorious for crashing XP.

I recommend the memtest first.

3. bennymax

bennymax TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. Since I have a Dell pc it has a utility parition which allows me to several memory tests, I ran them and they all passed with no issues.

I forgot to mention 1 thing, a week back I just got 2 x 512 of Kingston DDR2 6400 ram for this pc.

This my current config:
    Dell 4700 it supports PC-4200 ram, which I have 2 x 512.
    Then I bought 2 x 512 PC-6400, I was told that it will work, but new ram will just run at PC-4200.

After I took out the 2 new ram stick, I stopped seeing those blue screens. Is it faulty ram? Or 6400 just do not work on my mb?

Thanks for the help.

4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Kingston makes fine RAM but I strongly doubt DDR2 6400 will work. Why didn't you just buy another 2x512 in the same RAM your system already has?

Do you know what motherboard is installed?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.