XP - Page Fault in NonPaged Area - with minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
First timer here, some help is really appreciated. Started recently I started getting the infamous blue screen death, it happens randomly, at least to me it seems random.

I have attached the dump file that was created, please help me take a look.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• DUMP4556.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 29
Your first minidump points to memory corruption. I strongly advise that you run a MemTest 86+ to for 10 passes. This will take quite some time but worth it. usually I start it, go to bed, and check it out the next morniing.

Also, minidump two points to NAVEX15.SYS which is a driver for Symantec.

The third minidump points to SPBBCDriv.sys. SPBBCDRV.SYS is a Symantec driver, notorious for crashing XP.

I recommend the memtest first.

Thanks. Since I have a Dell pc it has a utility parition which allows me to several memory tests, I ran them and they all passed with no issues.

I forgot to mention 1 thing, a week back I just got 2 x 512 of Kingston DDR2 6400 ram for this pc.

This my current config:
Dell 4700 it supports PC-4200 ram, which I have 2 x 512.
Then I bought 2 x 512 PC-6400, I was told that it will work, but new ram will just run at PC-4200.

After I took out the 2 new ram stick, I stopped seeing those blue screens. Is it faulty ram? Or 6400 just do not work on my mb?

Thanks for the help.

Kingston makes fine RAM but I strongly doubt DDR2 6400 will work. Why didn't you just buy another 2x512 in the same RAM your system already has?

Do you know what motherboard is installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back