Xp Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

gale

Have XP Pro with a PIII CPU and have never had a password. PC crashed so I put my CD in and done a repair so as not to lose pgms, etc. Booted up and the screen is asking for a password! Any help. Much thanks.

What password is it asking for (user or other), can you just press return and bypass it.

Shiney
TechSpot Member......What password is it asking for (user or other), can you just press return and bypass it.

Not in XP.....

Shiney means, what username is shown on the logon-screen above the password, is it like your own username or does it say Administrator?
If the last try "admin" without the quotes.

My user name is above the password box-my advice to everyone is to buy another HD and clone ur stuff to it-they are too cheap not to.

2slickdc

In windows xp pro, once the password screen appears with your user name and password box; hit the control alt delete buttons at the same time twice and it should take you to the administrator sign in. if there is no password set on the administrator account then just press enter, and that should let you in to the account. if you are the administrator and you are set up on the admin account then when you re start the computer hit f-8 and start up in safe mode and create a guest account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back