XP Pro admin password lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem. I lost my xp pro admin password on my comp. I only remember the limited acct password. How do I get admin rights on my existing limited acct or new password on admin account?

Please someone let me know. I want to install programs on it.

This is a free tool that I found today that finds out the old password and works with EFS and keeps internet explorer passwords.

It takes only a few hours (sometimes as little as 5 minutes) and requires no installing.

It also works with Windows NT and Windows Server 2003 and Windows Longhorn.

just type the text below into your browser to go there: (type it in the address line or internet explorer)

xpcracker.mine.nu/xpcracker

Sometimes the server will be off so it will not be available during bank holidays.

It is free as well.

If you find any bugs then use the response form on the site - the owner personally sent me a reply!

Sorry if this sounds like advertizing but it just really impressed me!

I'd be a bit concerned about using that since you have to submit that stuff somewhere online. Then wait and then find that info on a webpage. Seems like a high potential for somethign bad to happen.

I'm sure several people here that do any programming and such would be able to look at the files and see what is going on.

I run the site and i agree with what SNGX1275 says - there is definatly a security risk until you change the password. Also take into account that while I (the owner of the site) knows your password, I don't know who you are so there's no way for me (or anybody else) to do something bad with that info.

IP addresses are not logged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back