XP-Pro Blue Screen - Machine Check Expception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littleraf

My PC has developed a problem where it will randomly blue screen. Sometimes it will do it after an hour of use sometimes after 6 hours. There doesn't seem to be any trigger to it.

It recovers ok but then it will can happen again 20 minutes later.

The error that is displayed when windows restarts is:
BCCode : 9c BCP1 : 00000004 BCP2 : 80545FF0 BCP3 : B2000000
BCP4 : 00070F0F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I did some research and found that this is most likely related to a hardware fault. So i have run seatools over both of my hard disks and they passed with no bad sectors.

I also ran memtest86-3.2 for an hour an it didn't come up with any errors.

So i decided to re-install windows in the hope that this would fix my problem but still it happens.

I'm not sure where to look next. Everything seems to be running fine but it keep blue screening.

I have attached the last 5 minidump files. I tried to look at them but it i couldn't understand what they were trying to tell me.

Any help would be much appreciated

first 2 point to csrss.exe the rest are unknown but due to drive fault.

csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This process manages most graphical commands in Windows. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: csrss.exe is a process which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

only remove if it is a virus

I'm running Norton Internet Security 2006 and a full scan didn't find anything. Is there anyway of tell if it's a virus.

Also when you say drive fault, does that mean one of my HDD is faulty/dying?

no ram/video etc.. go here sisinfo.org then on ur pc go to run type msconfig then go to starup type all of the names under the starup the same way u see it it will tell u if it is giid or bad

if u could upload a few more minidumps

you can also check your hdds to see if there any erros just run scan disk

. Click Start, click My Computer, and then right-click the local disk you want to check (usually, this is drive C).

2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.

3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now.... Make sure both check boxes are selected, then click Start.

4. Because Check Disk needs exclusive access to some Windows files, it will display a dialog box asking you whether you'd like to run Check Disk the next time you restart your PC. Click Yes.

5. Click Start, then Shut Down.

6. From the dropdown menu, select Restart, then click OK. Once your PC restarts, Check Disk will begin running.

I checked all of the startup service listed and they all check out ok.

I ran chkdsk on my primary harddrive and it found no errors.

The pc reboot and was just sitting at the desktop when it BSOD again.

Attached it the dmp file from that.

Attachments

• Mini110806-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 5
download memtest86 and run it to test your ram you may have bad ram let it run for at least 5 passes

I ran memtest86 overnight and let it do 34 passes and it found no errors.

I also did as the link in the last post said but Speedfan didn't report any errors.

It's still blue screening attached is one from today.

I also defraged my primary drive and went through fine.

i do have norton internet security 2006 installed

and i'll post them as they happen.

Thanks for the help i really appreciate it i've been pulling my hair out trying figure this out.

Still no good.

I followed the instructions in the link but it's Blue Screening.

I will post another dmp file as soon as it happens again. I changed the setting to complete memory dump and it produced a 1gb file. I've changed it back to minidumps again

Sorry for not replying earlier.

It's still blue screening. Here is the latest minidump.

I;ve also gotten gotten a couple of "GUI.exe has generated errors and will be closed" recently (in the last few days) when recovering from a blue screen

ok then download DFT(drive fitness test) do a advance test when it is done post the code you get here (ex..0x72)

Have d/l the software but i don't have a floppy installed on this pc.

Will take one out of another pc and run test but won't be for a couple of days.

I downloaded and ran the program.

Both drives passed with Disposition code = 0x00. Which from the help means no errors.

I haven't had a blue screen for 3 days now but i haven't been using the pc much. I will post a minidump as soon as it happens.

had another BSOD overnight. I left my pc at the desktop and when i came in this morning there it was.

Here is the latest minidump.

Are these pointing to anyting because so far all the hardware tests i have tried have passed.

ok then let me see this is what has been tried.

check ram
check hdd

if there is more please put so we can cross that out.

try this open the pc and clean all the dust out espcially from the fans and the cpu. also check your capacitors for any leaking & bulging. then if you have more then one stick of ram try to use on at a time some bad ram has been known to pass memetest post back results

as for the minidump it said

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9C, {4, 80545ff0, b2000000, 70f0f}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back