xp pro error: cannot access device,path or file, may not have permission

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to install software for my dvd/cd burner I get error:(windows cannot access specified device,path or file. you may not have permission to access them.) I am running windows xp professional and I am the system administrator.

Did you just recently install the dvd/cd drive? If not, was your dvd/cd drive accessable before you tried to install the software? More information would be helpful.

Yes I just installed this drive. I got the drive from a friend and the software disk was a copy he made. I got to looking around and some of the files have a question mark by them.

type of file: compiled HTML help file.
open,s with: microsoft HTML help.
The files will open but their in a different language. Is their any way to convert these files to a diffent type?

Thank,s for the help.

Is there any way you can use the original copy of the software? Maybe something is wrong with the copy. Also, make sure you plugged in the dvd drive correctly. Maybe you dont have permissions because its not the original copy. Try that if you can. :D

It is very possible your friend did not use iso 9660 standard to record that disk . You can try to change the read only status or take posession .
Some authoring software have utilities eg. Nero Easywrite Reader
Go to the Web site of the DVD Writer and try to download software there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back