xp pro problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i have been having issues with getting windows xp to run properly ; let me give u my system specs
asus A8n5x
amd 64 3700+
WD 120 80gb 8mb buffer IDE
512x2 corsair xms 3200
x800 pcie x16
2x lite-on dvd-rw drives

I orginally bought a gigabyte board and had major issues with so i Rma'd it and got the asus. i use an older bootlegged sp1 xp pro cd, i load everything windows installs fine and i get everything up. the first time xp loads 2 windows explorer erros, saying it needs to be shut down. so i hit dont send, and then i get an error saying that some of my files arent of the original file please insert system disk. Well that all stopped, now whenever i try to install the asus nforce 4 drivers, 1. the system usually restarts randomly, or 2. it gives me a system.exe error.

my question is my version of windows not compatible with the cpu and motherboard? could the problem be that the xp cd since it is bootlegged not compatible with the newer stuff out? reason i ask is that i installed the same xp cd on an older comp (amd 2500+ asus a7n8x deluxe) and i have no problems whatsoever. ANY help ?? plEASE!

Your not going toget any help working out your problems with your pirated copy of windows.

okay, thats fine ill ask another site that doesnt care so much, but thankyou for letting me know so quickly so i didnt keep waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back