XP PRO takes 25 Minutes to Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings members , I'm new to this board.

I woke up this problem on my Dell C610 laptop. I run Windows XP SP2 on this machine and have a 2GB Ram with 80GB Harddrive on it.The Processor on this one is a Intel Pentium Mobile with a Speed on this one is 1.73GHZ. My OS takes about 25 min to startup.

This is a bootlog file in a txt format that was created when I ran bootlog XP. Can some one help me please?

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 6
I can tell you that you have a lot of startup programs ;)...I would post an HJT log for each of your user accounts, and I'm sure more people will be able to diagnose the problem.

Pirated No Way !!!!

Tedster said:
No Help Is Given For Pirated Copies Of Xp. Piracy Is Not Condoned On Techspot.

Tedster , Check your facts !! Where did you get the idea ? My system runs a genuine windows XP that came from Dell and also I have validated it couple of times before loading Microsoft programs.

Thanks Cfitzaral , that seems to be the case. One observation that I made was that , the laptop seem to start up within 5 min first time in the morning, but if i dare to restart during the day it again takes around 20 min .That seems to be a mystery.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with several nasties.

I have therefore moved this thread to our security and the web forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of pdam only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Don't worry, you're still neutral. May I just say that a mistake doesn't need to lead to bad karma; it's a mistake and he didn't mean it.

Hi Tedster , thats fine .I'm cool .

Thanks Howard .Let me give it a shot during the weekend and let ya all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back