XP pro won't reconize Lite-On SOHW-812SX

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay! first post. please help.

I recently freshly reinstalled XP pro w/ SP2 and suddenly it has completely stopped recognizing my external burner.

I have yet to find why. All of my other devices are recognized fine. I previously had the upgrade version of XP, upgraded from 2K and I had no issues. To my knowledge there should not be any need for any special files and whatnot in order to use this burner.

I have not changed anything physically to the computer since reinstalling either. The only thing special is that my computer is normally used with the asian languages options.

Please help me solve this annoying problem it's wasting valuable burning time -_-'
I've read through the other threads here but they mostly talked about internal burners, but it seems that this is a rather common issue.

Do any other USB devices work in the USB ports? If not you probably need to load Chipset Drivers that came with the motherboard to get the USB ports to work. I had a similar problem and after installing the chipset drivers the USB ports worked.

All of my other devices work, I have 8 usb ports and 6 of them are always being used. Tried the burner in all of them and still nothing.
At first we thought that maybe my USB 2 was fried, but we found that the burner works fine on other people's computers, people who have versions of windows, and not so legal versions of XP.
It's gotta have something to do with the fresh install, and all the legal stuff that comes with real XP.

No it should work no matter what copy of XP you have. Strange. Have you tried the Add New Hardware Wizard in the control panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back