Xp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have windows XP and today after seeing that somehow one of my kids downloaded a game that came with the outerinfo malware. I uninstalled it and ran a virus scan. I shut down the computer to run a scan in safe mode. Could not launch safe mode (happened b4 to ) I rebooted
and I got the error message saying that something happened and it gave me a few options such as safe mode go to last good configuration, start normally etc...
I tried them all without success.I then grabbed my reinstall cd. It did its thing and when I came to the option to press enter to reinstall or press "r" to fix or 3 to exit, I again tried them all. With both options I came to a blue screen and down at the bottom it said "examining 19093 MB disc 0 at ID 0 onbus 0 on atapi.
What has happened and how can I get my computer up and running again??? I would appreciate any advice that you may have!

It appears you were on the right track with the "R"
but either your CD or DVD player is defective, or your Windows Disc needs polishing.

I cannot get to the user agreement. It just gives me the blue screen and the "examing 19093 mb disk 0 at id 0 onbus 0 on atapi" nothing happens after that.

The cd is scratched a bit, what do I use to polish it with? DVD drive works in another computer in house. Did try the r also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back