XP Probs--- ***DESPERATE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank7737

It's official, I've gone beyond insane trying to fix this problem. Read almost every article online I could find including posts on here. When I install windows it works for about a day or two; couple reboots. I then Get Unmountable Boot Volume Error within 2 days. I've Reformated and reinstalled aprox 30 times, problem persists. I've replaced the motherboard and Cpu and HDD with identical models 3 times now, still persists. I've changed cables, made sure right amount of pins. Removed all unnecesary cards/audio/zipdrive etc... I've tried downloading all windows updates, new drivers, old drivers, everything I can think of. Even done the chkdsk /r and /p . when I did this the BSOD seemed to stop, but if i load windows it freezes at the Welcome screen and bar just scrolls forever. It only lets me into safe mode after doing this. It's been 5 months now with this problem!!!! I want my computer to work!!!!!!

I'm Using:
------------
XP PRO
Asus p4s533 motherboard
intel p4 2.0a cpu
nvidia geforce4 ti-4200 128mb VIVO
512 MB Crucial DDR Ram
80 GB Western Digital Special Edition Hard drive
Lite-on 40-12-48 CDR
SB Audigy sound card
400w PSU

if you need to know anything else let me know.
******IM DESPERATE******** I need help so bad, nothing has worked so far.
thanks, Dan

Have you tried changing your memory?

Memory is very tightly integrated with how your software handles your hard disk and can often be the cause of such catastrophies.

www.memtest86.com

Well, we can certainly rule that out! :)

Aside from perhaps the power supply, I would look to your software for the culprit. Try a fresh installation of Windows XP without anything installed. See if this stops the crashing / unbootable volume error.

It's about the only thing left.

If you can get into Safe mode I would try shutting/deleting software and periferals down to a basic simple system see if it stays alive ,then reload& test one thing at a time to single out the culprit.Usually if Safe mode runs generally that means your base system is O.K.

How about BIOS Settings? Check and see if there are any specific settings relating to the HDD maybe you can change..such as Plug & Play OS...etc..just an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back