XP rebooting at random intervals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm having serious problems with my operating system (XP Professional), everytime i boot up the system it will reboot itself at random intervals around 1-5 minutes depending on if i try to run a program or not (if i do it will restart, if not it will by itself in a few minutes). I have tried system restore..the system restores restarts and then tells me that it wasnt able to restore and is returning to normal settings. I have also tried running microsoft spyware and ad-aware in safe mode, i deleted those malicious files but the same problem persists. I have also tried a virus scan, but the system restarts not too long into the scan, also i have tried running it in safe mode but it doesnt work.

Now each time the pc restarts and loads up again Windows tells me it has recovered from a serious error and these messages come up

Error Signiture:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F7BBE459 BCP3 : B2AAAB58
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

Techical Information:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini031505-08.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ROB\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\s

I had trouble even registering to these forums, the pages wouldnt load in normal mode, either would msn but they do in safe mode. The only thing i can think of which may have caused the problem, is that i went to a website and microsoft spyware and my anti-virus went crazy detecting all kinds of things, i blocked and deleted all of them but since then this problem has been occuring.

I'm all out of ideas and wondering if anyone knows what this is or what i can do..

Teere is a Hijack This log attatched in case it might help

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Can`t see your HJT log?

Sounds like your computer has been highjacked.

Go HERE and follow the instructions carefully. Print them out if you can.

Once you have done that go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I ran the first tutorial and still have the problem here is the Hijack This log hopefully it attatches this time...

Attachments

• HijackThis.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 5
Let HJT fix the following entries after turning off system restore.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAZAA] C:\Program Files\Kazaa Lite\Kazaa.exe /SYSTRAY

O4 - Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe

O9 - Extra button: Microsoft AntiSpyware helper - {7CA87E5A-6123-4A6C-AC88-18CE3BEB1E39} - (no file) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Microsoft AntiSpyware helper - {7CA87E5A-6123-4A6C-AC88-18CE3BEB1E39} - (no file) (HKCU)

O15 - Trusted IP range: 67.19.178.84 Never trust anyone.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: drct16 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drct16.dll This is part of a backdoor trojan called Haxdoor.d

See HERE for more info and removal instructions.

Other than the entries I have pointed out you system looks pretty clean.

If I have missed anything I`m sure RBS will take a look at it for you as well.

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back