XP recovered from a serious fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapWerewolf

Hi all,
A few weeks ago I posted with this same problem, and after having a look at my minidump file someone suggested I change my creative audio sound driver - I did do that and the problem seemed to go away for a while anyway. Last night while I was asleep the computer crashed again, I woke up to a reboot and windows telling me it had recovered from a serious fault. I don't know why it didn't act up for several weeks and now the problem is back, as far as I remember the only new software I've installed since then was GOM player (which I installed to help a friend with the settings and the next day uninstalled), and an update to the Opera browser. The only other strange thing with this computer is that I've gone through two dvd burners in a few months (I do a LOT of burning) - I buy a burner and in a couple weeks Nero is no longer able to verify and gets read errors. But that's probably just bad luck with hardware, I doubt it has anything to do with this problem.

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if someone could have a look at my minidump file and give any suggestions once again. Thanks so much :)

MiniDump 070908-01:
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, f53f15c8, f6b0cb34, f6b0c830}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nltdi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nltdi.sys
Probably caused by : nltdi.sys ( nltdi+7a8 )

Bugcheck 0x7E Description - A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

nltdi.sys from what i have found is used in a program called "Netlimiter" which is something to do with P2P programs. I would suggest running a Virus scan.

Netlimiter is an application which allows one to limit how much bandwidth you can give to any app, and I use it to limit my bandwidth for various apps that I use for downloading various things - my computer is networked with my boyfriend's and I limit my usage so that I can leave him some and not hog it all. But I can uninstall it and see if that takes care of it, thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back