XP restart at login

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having an issue with starting windows XP. Everything loads just fine till it gets to the user login screen. After showing login screen my computer reboots. I first thought this could be a memory issue but checked all memory by trying to boot up with each individual stick and got the same result. So, I decided to hook the hard drive up to another computer and perform a virus scan and found nothing!

The next step was to boot my computer in safe mode which was a success. After safe mode boot I disabled reboot on error in the advanced menu of my computer properties. Rebooted the computer and recieved the BSOD error message:

Stop: 0x0000008E (0x00000005, 0x806354DF, 0xEECBABA4, 0x00000000)

Note: The 3rd BC (0xEECBABA4) would change in the error code each time I swapped out a memory stick. I had 6 that I tried 3were from another computer I have that uses the same memory!

Also, after the error message it perfroms a physical memory dump. Which i'm not all to familar with.

In inclusion, I don't feel that it is the hard drive. If it were, I wouldn't be able to boot up in safe mode. Not the memory for I tried 6 sticks without results! No virus found when scanned on another computer. Did a recovery console to repair. I ran CHKDSK /R and /F fixed nothing! I did hear something about aroot virus that can't be detected by virus softwareand it has to do with the registry. Went into the registry and looked for DCR16 and DRAW32 on the windows login subfolder and found nothing(this isthe folder/files thesite said to look for and delete it found nothing)!

I am at a loss here and I don't want to give up and reformat! Please can someone help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back