XP Upgrade from W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.
XP Upgrade from W2K Boot Problem

System Specs, dual amd 1.8 G Chaintech motherboard (7KDD0), 1 G Memory, 2 HD's (Raid) 3 monitors AGP ATI 9200, 2 PCI's ATI Radeon 7000's

The problem is I can boot to safe mode and then do a restart and it will boot fine. If I do a shut down from safe mode it hangs at the XP is starting window (after 3 or 4 passes of the blue dots). This is with out adding or changing anything from the safe mode boot. All drivers appear to be installed correctly; nothing is marked/highlighted in device manager.

Thanks,

I have already tried to repair it and I have updated my raid and MB drivers. It didn't fix the problem. I'm on my second install and a new HD. :hotbounce

It might be there is too much hardware to handle at once, 2 Vid crd,3 monitors, the PnP install wizard might be stressed out!
Strip back to 1 Vid 1 mon, etc and try again , I would also reset th CMOS after uninstalling the Hardware, and just use default settings in the Bios.

Thanks for the replies....I should be shot, after I installed SP1a everything is running fine.

Again Thanks for the Support

Epic099

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back