XP windows wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

skano

My comp was working fine , then i when i went to restart it it just stayed stuck on the Windows Loading Screen , the lil blue bar keeps moving .

tried loadin up on safe mode and it stays stuck .. i tried takin out 1chip of ram out .. switched video cards still same crap

heres my specs/
XP pro sp2
80gb/120gb
1.10ghz AMD
1gb ram
geforce4 ti4200 128mb

Try pressing f8 while windows starts, and boot it first in verbose mode (so you get the list of files being loaded - I forget the option name for the time being. See if it's stopping at a particular file.

Try booting into last known good configuration or failing that, safe mode.

We don't have enough information to go on at the moment.

Well after i kept turning it off manually i unplugged my E drive and plugged it back in .. while the windows took like 5min to load it went to the blue screen where it was fixing 3 stages from the E drive .. took about 30mins to finish .. now my comp loaded up...

im afraid to restart it tho

lol. well, use it as you normally would, and then restart it. If you get a problem then deal with it when you get it. :)

You can't leave it on forever you know :(

For the moment, I'm glad for it's started working again. :D

Just to add:

When you're into a stable session of Windows, goto START>RUN & type msconfig

On the first tab (General) there is a diagnostic start-up. Click that. Also, on the Boot.ini tab there is a switch /sos ... select that too.

Note when it re-boots if it hangs on a particular driver ...

Cheers :grinthumb

i did it , just started up on safe mode ...

everytime i restart tho , after the windows loadup part , a Blue windows screen comes out.

"Checking File systems in E:
the type of the file system is NTFS
Volume label is D2
One of your disks needs to be check consistency...ect
CHKDSK is verifying the files (3stages[%])"

start->run->type in "cmd" press enter
in the black windows, type in "E:" (without quotes) then press enter
again type in "chkdsk/f" (without the quotes) and press enter.

If you did what I suggested, that WAS chkdsk running at start-up. Try & load Windows properly this time (not safe mode) ...

Also, did you notice your PC takes a while to load a certain driver? mup.sys is the last in the list and seems like it hangs on it but really its not (its just large).

mikescorpio81 said:
If you did what I suggested, that WAS chkdsk running at start-up. Try & load Windows properly this time (not safe mode) ...

Also, did you notice your PC takes a while to load a certain driver? mup.sys is the last in the list and seems like it hangs on it but really its not (its just large).

it did do a chkdsk , does it on normal settings aswell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back