XP wont load from SATA HD on A7N8X

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i bought a new hard drive (MAXTOR 7L250S0 MAXLINE III 250GB 7200RPM 16MB CACHE SATA ROHS) and tried to install it, i put

it, plug the sata red cable into the HD and into the 2nd slot on my mobo (the first slot is my Western Digital Caviar

WD1200JD 120GB Hard Drive) start up the computer it shows both the hard drives after the *press f4 to enter raid utility* and

it goes into windows like normally, however the 2nd hd is not there, it is under device manager tho. So i try shutting down

and switching cables and then switching the jumper on the WD HDD and in the end, now i cant even start my windows XP at all.

I screwed around in bios settings and still nothing, the computer right now is exactly how it was before the 2nd HDD was

tried to put it, except i might have changed bios settings. The WD HDD is showing up after the *press f4 to enter raid

utility* message and then it just sits at the black screen saying "Verifying DMI Pool Data................." and wont start

up. My bios settings are set to SATA for first boot device. Im stuck here, i have no clue whats going on :( below are my

system specs any help or suggestions are apprecited. I also tried starting up with just the 1 SATA hDD connected and no IDE

drives, no luck.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Athlon XP 2400+
OCZ DDR400 PC3200 512MB
Windows XP SP1
Maxtor Maxline III 7L250S0 250GB Hard Drive Serial ATA-150, 7,200 RPM, 16MB
WD 1200JD 120gb Hard Drive Serial ATA-150, 7200 RPM, 8MB
Maxtor 6Y060L0 DiamondMax Plus 9 6Y060L0 60GB Ultra ATA/133 7200RPM Hard Drive
IBM Deskstar 75GXP (DTLA 307020) 20GB HDD
Pioneer DVDrw dvr-105

Put the WD jumpers back the way they were, you're not supposed to mess around with them. Sata HDDs no longer use the master/slave system so there's no need to fiddle around with the jumpers.

As for the HDD not showing up in Windows, did you partition & format it ?

If you want a second opinion, yes, leave the jumpers on Western Digital SATA hard drives in their default locations. You don't need to touch them.

i dont care about the 2nd HD right now, im concerned i cant boot into Xp from my old one, and i did put the jumpers back the way they were, and i cleared cmos and reset all settings to default in bios and still nothing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back