TechSpot

Xp Won't Load Properly

By justin
Jun 1, 2004
  1. When started up computer not everything will load!! No taskbar functions, no internet , no start menu etc. In task mangager processes one of the scvhost processes is using 100% system resources. System restore not working: Winsta.dll file-entry point not found. Starting in safe mode system restore still isnt working.Have re-installed xp disc with no luck.. Ran nortons antivirus and nothing. Any ideas besides wiping clean and reinstalling xp ???:mad:

2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

your problem sounds alot like the work of a trojan and virus scanners dont allways reliably detect trojans.

you can download the cleaner adn use it for free for thirty days evaluation I would download it and run it.

www.moosoft.com

3. Goalie

Goalie TS Rookie Posts: 703

Which of the svchost processes are eating full resources, can you tell? Usually it'll have a command line option to tell you which one is eating everything, but I dunno how you're viewing the processes so I can't tell if you'll be able to tell which one...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.