TechSpot

Yahoo Gives 100MB to Mail Users!

By Phantasm66
Jun 15, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This Tuesday Yahoo will begin to offer 100MB of additional storage for users for its free mail, as part of a strategy to redesign the service.

"Along with the 100MB boost, Yahoo will upgrade Mail Plus paid users to 2GB of storage and lower its yearly subscription from $29.99 a year to $19.99. Other a la carte services, such as POP e-mail forwarding, will consolidate under this plan and no longer be sold on a standalone basis."

Aside from this additional space, there are also plans to make the e-mail service a lot sleeker, faster and cleaner.

More here.
  2. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

Yea, great!

Now I don't have to get myself a Gmail account but can keep my _very_ old Yahoo address!

And those 100mb will prolly be enough to keep all my SPAM when I'm out racing this summer! haha
  3. Per Hansson

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

I only have the updated interface so far, still stuck at 6mb of Email storage.:p
  5. Per Hansson

Yes, it is jumping bac and forth a bit...

Sometimes I have 6mb sometimes 100...

Guess they have some content caching servers or something...
  6. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

Yahoo mail is very slow today, must be getting flooded with people signing up.
  7. BrownPaper

BrownPaper TS Rookie Posts: 467

I have been waiting a few months for this to happen. Neat.
  8. abc

abc TS Rookie Posts: 52

Very slow indeed. I also think it is neat (and about time) that they increased the attachment size to 10MB. Email is by far the easiest way to send a sigle mp3 to someone.
  9. Didou

Mailbox now at 100mb but since they switched to the new layout, my inbox list looks messed up.:(
  10. Didou

One thing that didn't seem to get mentionned is that the POP3 yahoo service seems to be free again. I enlisted for it (free of charge) & can now check my yahoo Email from Thunderbird.
  11. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 583

Thats nice, I'm gonna sign un for yahoo then, I really need a pop access to my email, webmail starts being very s*cky

12. DigitAlex

I already created another yahoo account once and i cant remember the password and info i have put :(

plus I registered a new one but i don't see where they speak about the POP feature. Could you please help, Didou ?
  13. Didou

MAIL Options -> POP Access & Transfers

From there you are offered the "Yahoo! Direct" service which is free of charge & gives you access to the POP3/SMTP service.
  14. DigitAlex

I don't have such a thing !

look : [​IMG]
  15. Didou

Well after looking for the problem with DA, it turns out the POP3 service is available for Email on yahoo.fr. When you try to enable the POP3 service on a yahoo.com Email, it's still considered a premium service.

Very odd situation. Maybe the interfaces/services of the different yahoo servers aren't synced yet.:confused:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.