TechSpot

Yahoo is the most visited web destination for the sixth month in a row

By Shawn Knight
Jan 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Last summer, Yahoo managed to generate more web traffic than Google for the first time in two years. Many likely thought it was a fluke but as it turns out, that’s not the case at all. According to comScore, Yahoo...

Read more

2. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +116

And to think, I haven't been to anything Yahoo in over 5 years, this changes nothing. I also don't think I know anyone who uses Yahoo either, not that I have anything against Yahoo. They just don't offer any services I want to use.

3. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 533   +88

I still use yahoo for a random email account.

misor and 9Nails like this.
  4. And the reason for this is because the yahoo toolbar has been bundled with Java updates. This forces less savvy users (which tend to still have desktops running windows xp) to search with yahoo instead of whoever was defaulted before (likely bing or google) increasing their traffic greatly.

p51d007 and wastedkill like this.
  5. Hahah... good one.. maybe the chinese also have something to do with it
    or maybe aliens from outer space are using it...
    or...
    may they are cheating...

waqasr likes this.
  6. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 198   +28

Wow, whatever they are doing, keep it up.

7. Yahoo may install a tool bar some browsers but google is the default search option in firefox and chrome, I think that more than balances it out

waqasr likes this.
  8. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930   +247

Their trashy opinionated articles based on popularity with the goal of getting the most clicks are well-designed and thought out, I go there when I need shady, shallow entertainment and articles with little to no truth.

9. I haven't been back since they shut down the chat rooms... They were the only place you could speak your mind and not have some power hungry room monitor mute you. The bots sucked, but they could have fixed that.

It was one of the few places of ' Freedom of speech'.

10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,594

Not without room monitors.

11. drjekel_mrhyde

drjekel_mrhyde TS Rookie Posts: 101   +7

When like ten years ago? The only thing I see trying to get bundled in freeware is Google Chrome.

12. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Enthusiast Posts: 242   +55

Err.... Google Chrome Bar is bundled with the most popular free Antivirus software, and is the default site of Android devices.

Yahoo provides excellent services - finance, news, vendor services like automobile quotes, etc. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean others don't, and there is absolutely no need to wish for Yahoo's death, even if you were an Google fan. More choices is good for all of us.

13. LOL, this is true. I sometimes go to the articles, skip the content, and only read the comments bashing yahoo on how stupid and misguided their journalists are. Its great.

14. I post something like this before but it seems people always forget about it.

Yahoo! is still extremely popular in Asia. It's the Google of Asia in a sense.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.