Yahoo Mail users still experiencing lingering issues following Monday's outage

Shawn Knight

Staff member

yahoo mail fail outage ends issues persist yahoo mail marissa mayer mail outage

It hasn’t been the best of weeks for Yahoo. The Internet pioneer’s e-mail service went down Monday night and despite the fact that CEO Marissa Mayer tweeted on Wednesday that Mail had been restored, users are still experiencing lingering issues.

Yahoo first acknowledged there was a problem via Twitter on December 10 but truth be told, other mail-related issues appear to date all the way back to November 25 according to ZDNet. That’s when an unknown number of users were first unable to send or receive mail but the mass outage didn’t begin until this past Monday.

Jeff Bonforte, senior vice preside for Yahoo’s communication products, penned a blog post on Wednesday saying the mail problems were caused by a hardware issue at one of their mail data centers. He noted the issue was proving to be harder to rectify than first thought but said dozens of people were working around the clock towards a resolution.

Things slowly started coming back to life on Thursday but there still appears to be a considerable amount of work to be done. As of writing, the most recent update on Yahoo’s Mail Help website said they are continuing to deliver queued messages and work on resolving all other outstanding issues. They promised to provide further updates as they become available.

Have you experienced any issues with your Yahoo Mail account and if so, is it back to normal yet? Let us know in the comments section below!

Permalink to story.

Can't get my yahoo mail at all on my iphone. Mail delivery to desktop/laptop is much delayed.
What's up? Tells me I don't have the correct password. I do, but I changed it anyway and it still did not work.

I first got access to my Inbox back Thursday night, but as of now (Friday afternoon) there are still no messages there from before Thursday night. Everything from before then is missing!

I had a friend contact me about not being able to receive any new e-mails on Yahoo Mail.
Guess it's a Yahoo server side problem.

Best advice now is to sit tight and hopefully Yahoo is able to resolve the problem.

I use yahoo email and had no problem probably because I use the pop email with outlook, no web based email.

Back