Yahoo Messenger Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Yahoo Messenger w/Voice version 7.0.0.437 on Windows XP Pro Vers. 2002 SP2. Everything on Yahoo Messenger works 'except' I can not share a picture in my display image. I 'can' share yahoo Avastar but not a pic.

I've tried: 1) Messenger, 2) My Display Image (the 'don't share' box is checkec), 3) changed the select to 'Share my Pic', 4) selected a picture and select OK. BUT messenger does not save the selection. It goes back to don't share. I also tried to change the selection through the other methods recommended by Yahoo but get the same results. If I select Share My Pic it will not save that selection and goes to don't share. HOWEVER, if I select 'Share my Avatar' Messenger will save that.

Yahoo tells me to uninstall and reinstall Messenger - which I have done twice. But I get the same results.

Any ideas what can be cause this and how to fix?

Uninstall Messenger and all the rest of Yahoo bloatware, delete all the relevant folders (from both "Program Files" and "Documents and Settings"), delete all Yahoo related registry keys. Reinstall.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

dajohi said:
I'm using Yahoo Messenger w/Voice version 7.0.0.437 on Windows XP Pro Vers. 2002 SP2. Everything on Yahoo Messenger works 'except' I can not share a picture in my display image. I 'can' share yahoo Avastar but not a pic.

I've tried: 1) Messenger, 2) My Display Image (the 'don't share' box is checkec), 3) changed the select to 'Share my Pic', 4) selected a picture and select OK. BUT messenger does not save the selection. It goes back to don't share. I also tried to change the selection through the other methods recommended by Yahoo but get the same results. If I select Share My Pic it will not save that selection and goes to don't share. HOWEVER, if I select 'Share my Avatar' Messenger will save that.

Yahoo tells me to uninstall and reinstall Messenger - which I have done twice. But I get the same results.

Any ideas what can be cause this and how to fix?

I know of several people who are having the exact same problem with the new Yahoo messenger. Not to mention other issues.

It would appear that there are several bugs in the programme.

Yahoo will most likely release an update at some stage.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled messenger 3 times now. Deleted all yahoo folders, deleted all yahoo keys in the registry and still have the same problem :knock:

Same Exact Problem!!

:hotbounce
JUST the way you described it! I have actually tried to completely uninstall (including deleting the yahoo folder) and reinstall THREE times! And still, when I try to change the pic, it just keeps defaulting to Do Not Share, and it won't let me change. Like you I can also do the avatar fine...what is up Yahoo??

Phil

All your personal stuff is kept in the Yahoo folder in your user profile (under Documents and Settings/<username>). Did you delete the Yahoo folder from there too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back