Yahoo set to unveil yet another Flickr redesign

1. Less than an year after Flickr got its last makeover, Yahoo is all set to unveil yet another redesign of its photo-sharing service, according Re/Code. Reporter Kara Swisher claims to have seen screenshots of the latest design. "It is yet another...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,721   +873

Interesting how after only a few years they are redesigning again.
  3. Quote "Less than an year after Flickr got its last makeover"
  4. Mbloof

Mbloof Newcomer, in training Posts: 52   +6

I guess there's something to be said about self published/controlled and/or paid services. Opps - I'm a long time Flickr paid CUSTOMER.

While the very old interface had its merits and limitations I was able to easily and quickly queue up slide shows and offer directed and limited sharing of my images. The new interface is mostly counter productive or intuitive and I presume the next round of "improvements" will just make things worse.

I suppose I'm off to buy+design something that I alone control. While it will cost more in the end I'll no longer be subject to the corporate whims of "we can do what we want because its free".

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.