TechSpot

Yahoo to discontinue access to its services using Facebook, Google IDs

By Shawn Knight
Mar 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Change continues under Marissa Mayer's watch as Yahoo will soon prohibit users from logging into the company's various web services with their Facebook and Google user IDs. Instead, Yahoo visitors will need to sign up for a Yahoo ID to...

Read more

2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,392   +107

Interesting. I only use Yahoo! for email secondary. Everything else they offer I don't use at all. In the past it was all Yahoo! until Google started up. Things changed when Google came along. Search engine was always Yahoo! then I made the switch to Google haven't use Yahoo! Search for anything.

MyDealDigest likes this.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,551   +2,894

I can certainly understand why Yahoo would want their independence. But at the same time, I feel this will only alienate them further.

MyDealDigest likes this.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,480   +2,035

In other words they want to bombard users with more irritating and annoying ad's. I'm surprised not everyone on the planet uses AdBlock, I wouldn't dream of leaving home without it.

5. EClyde

EClyde TS Guru Posts: 706   +181

Yahoo is not rel·e·vant

6. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

Nah, it's still pretty relevant. Apps still install the toolbar and change the homepage, the articles there usually get hundreds to 1000s of comments depending on the subject, and it still remains in top 5 most visited sites.

7. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

I only use Yahoo email. it's my third in line account where I send junk stuff. Nothing else that Yahoo offer interests me in the slightest.

8. EClyde

EClyde TS Guru Posts: 706   +181

I won't tell anyone you go there. Don't worry

NTAPRO likes this.
  9. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

And I won't tell anyone you don't use common sense. We both win. Thanks

EClyde likes this.