TechSpot

Yahoo to encrypt all products in light of NSA spying revelations

By Shawn Knight
Nov 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo on Monday vowed to do more to protect user data in the midst of numerous reports over the last six months about the US government secretly accessing such information from tech companies without their knowledge or permission.

Read more

2. Why should anyone believe her?

I think she's lying. I think that yahoo, microsoft, google, apple, drop box, or any service provider that has more than a million users is in cahoots with the government. They're all just trying to save face now.

3. I don't think I will eat this.

4. They all claim to have never given the NSA access. Regardless of whether that is true, the NSA has access (given or hacked). I wouldn't trust any company on American soil. I think StartMail from StartPage is going to be our best option (but even then I would be cautious).

Leo Martin Lim likes this.
  5. Seriously .. Who gives a flying F___k. If you have something to hide from the Government, maybe DONT PUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!!!?

And I dont wanna hear any BS about personal privacy. If you are stupid enough to think there is any privacy on the Internet, you should have every electronic device you own confiscated, and be forced to live in a shack in the middle of nowhere.

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,250   +1,549

Just because thats not the way it is, doesn't mean thats not the way it should be. If you are stupid enough to except ideals the way they are forced upon us, you deserve to live in a dungeon without. I wonder if you would continue to cower under those terms.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,345   +806

Ok hotshot, what possible motive could she have for lying? If she is lying and gets caught out (which she will), imagine the repercussions it would have on her and Yahoo!

8. Oh please, they all are working with US govt... And the level of hypocrisy here is inconceivable. Bunch of guys, companies making anti-NSA group while pushing users to provide full name, second name and address, along with phone number - yeah, they're really taking care of users and their privacy.

9. Considering the NSA backdoors in encryptions, this won't prevent illegal hacking by the NSA>

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.