TechSpot

Yate Loon D12SM-12 case fan for $3.50!

By Rage_3K_Moiz
Oct 23, 2007
  1. Pushing 71CFM of air and with a maximum noise rating of 33dBA, the D12SM-12 from Yate Loon is a must-buy. The price is superb too. Get it here.

2. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX TS Rookie Posts: 359

Not a bad deal there! 33dBA seems a little loud to me, I wonder what its minimum RPM and the CFM it produces are.

I also wonder about the build quality vs price issue. I have once purchase cheap case fans where their whole chassis managed to fall apart.

For any serious computer person, I would recommend buying quality parts, so It would be useful if someone had used these and could comment.

I also find it interesting that the site their sells caffiene tablets, though it does make a fair bit of sense.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,685   +333

Yate-Loon are pretty decent quality fans. I've got a 3 of these, well not sure if they are the SM or not, mine are bright orange. There are some reviews out there where they faired very well against other fans. Sure there are better ones, if you want to pay $20 a fan.

Edit: Mine are the SL not SM.

Poor review (only 3 fans tested), but a review: http://tekgems.com/reviews/yate-loon-120-12-25mm-roundup.htm

From a much better review on SilentPCReview: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article739-page1.html

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Topic Starter Posts: 7,291   +25

Jab-Tech has the best prices on cooling products. I have friends who have bought many times from them and have never regretted it. And as SNGX has said, Yate Loon makes excellent fans that are of high-quality and inexpensive at the same time.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.