Yes! I've connected to the internet for the first time with linux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnf4ultra

Hello, I just wanted to post that this is my first post from linux. I had not been able to get linux to connect to the internet previously. I bought a external serial v.92 modem, and now it connects. If for nothing else, I think I can use linux to surf the web. This is nice, finally my linux box can do something. I guess "winmodems" don't play well with linux. Anyway, I was just excited, and thought I'd post. I hope I learn more things in linux, I love that it doesn't cost me $0.01. Anyway, anyone know any good linux tips for a noobie? I'm using puppy linux, (live cd for now).

Good tips.. is that like an opensource question?

tips for linux use.
- Don't expect things to install by double clicking and following a wizard.
- try out bash scripting, it's like batch files (from DOS days) but more easy to handle for complex jobs.
- cron is cool for scheduling events, like auto backups.
- umm.. don't play frozen-bubble ever.. cause you'll get addicted. no wait on.. not frozen-bubble.. what's it called.. you skate this penguin, luge style down the icy slopes.. it's weird and cool together.. typically linux.

oh yeah.. and enjoy the freedom from microsoft land.

Balzi

yeah TuxRacer.. that's it.. I downloaded this superspeed slope someone made.. you couldn't beat the time, cause nearly everyone got the same.. but you could launch your penguin nearly into orbit.. with this massive belly-flop at the end..

why is linux always cool in a weird way??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back